Before you apply for your EIN number, please be advised that you will need to file 1041 tax returns with the IRS from the year you get your EIN number.
Follow these instructions when applying for an EIN number one or two days before you open your bank account:
EIN INSTRUCTIONS This is like a Social Security number for your Trust. For “Banking” only you will give this number to the banker when you set up an account.
PLEASE NOTE: The IRS actually shuts down the APPLY ONLINE NOW button referenced below during the night. If you can’t sign up now, it must already be too late for today!
- Go to www.irs.gov Under TOOLS select Apply For AN EIN – it’s under the third picture of the man with glasses it will go to the next page
- Under box 3, select APPLY ONLINE NOW
- Begin Application (you have 15 minutes and it will time out and you have to start all over)
- Select OK then click continue
- Select Begin Application
- Select Trust then click continue
- Select Irrevocable then continue
- Select • Individual
- Enter YOUR information as the Responsible Party First Name, middle initial, Last Name and Social as settlor/grantor
- click continue
- Mark •individual then continue
- Trustee information
- Mark I am grantor/trustee
- Trust address
- Verify Mailing Address
- Accept as entered
- Tell about Irrevocable Trust use ALL CAPS FOR TRUST NAME Also NO periods, comma’s, pound signs etc. it won’t take it
- Employs •NO
- Mark • “Receive online”
- Under Successfully assigned (print this Ctrl P)
- Click here for your EIN confirmation Letter (don’t click on continue at this time or you will lose your letter)
Thank you to an anonymous client for these instructions!
The myMastersTrust.com Team